- This event has passed.
16th Regional Plant Biotechnology Forum
1st November 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The ACGT, in conjunction with the University of Johannesburg (UJ), will be hosting its 16th Regional Plant Biotechnology Forum on the 1st of November 2018 at UJ.
The theme for the upcoming forum is: “Advances in Plant Defense Responses: Towards Plant-Pathogen System Perspectives”.
– Ms Naadirah Moola (UCT/Ghent): A Cereal Killer’s Killer: Chitosan and Plant Defence
– Dr Eduard Venter (UJ): The Role of Integrated Domains Serving as Decoys on Resistance Proteins
– Dr Fidele Tugizimana (UJ): Multi-platform Metabolomics to Unravel the Priming Effects of Seaweed
Extracts on Maize (Zea Mays) under Drought Stress
– Prof Lucy Moleleki (UP): Long Non-coding RNAs: An emerging Molecular Player in Plant Defence.
– Ms Nikita da Camara (UJ): Proteome Analysis of Isonitrosoacetophenone-treated Plant Systems.
– Dr Masiyiwa Sakupwanya(UP): Metabolomics for Plant Pathologists
Date: 01 November 2018
Venue: Council Chambers, University of Johannesburg
Time: 09:30 – 14:00
Please use the following link to register: Plant forum registration
If you interested in giving a short presentation (10-15min) at the forum, please let us know when you register.